Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Quilt Progress...



Today was a good day of working on the quilt. Since I last posted, I have ironed all my material, matched up all my selvege edges (the non-cut edge of the fabric--I just learned what that was!) measured and trimmed them all up into the size of squares I need, made the "fabric sandwiches" this consists of a fabric square with a square of batting inside and then another fabric square on top of that. (the batting squares are cut about 1/2 inch less than the fabric squares) and then just today I sewed all my "X's" on my fabric square sandwiches!! It was really fun! I learned about threading the machine and spooling a bobbin to load (for those of you who are wondering---YES I am a total beginner at sewing--so I'm learning everything from scratch!! And as soon as I got the hang of that...I was obsessed! I worked most of the afternoon and then took a break to take Roscoe to the park, then tonight I worked on it again for a few hours and just now finished...it's after midnight! I loved it! And it was a lot of fun to create something. I still have a bit more to do before I see the finished product--but I think it's gonna be great! And I'm having fun learning and making things myself. It's a good feeling! More updates to come!

2 comments:

Jamie and Amanda Hallinan said...

Christy, this is so cool! I love the patterns and color scheme, I think you are going to have a great quilt when all is said and done! How is everything going in Cali? I miss you girl!

Cinderella, the A-Train and Our Little Caboose said...

I am not sure why, but my blog never shows me when you update! So here I check your blog and you have posted like 3 times since I last looked! Sheesh! I am SO SO excited to see your finished product. I would love to be your sewing buddy one day! PS. We are coming to Cali for sure this June...I will email or call you with details! I want to see you!
Love ya!