Thursday, March 4, 2010

He's There!

I wanted to give a quick update on Steve. He spent the last week in Georgia for some training and then flew to Kuwait last Friday. He was there for a couple days and then flew to Baghdad. He was previously assigned to be working at a clinic at Camp Victory, but they are deciding to close that clinic down so he will now be stationed at Camp Prosperity. Camp Prosperity is mostly in and around Al Asad, one of Sadaam's old palaces. He got an orientation to the clinic, and everything seems good. The clinic where he will be working is very nice. He will have an assistant who is an civilian dental assistant deployed with the national guard, so he should have all the help he needs. He will also be the triage officer for any emergency mass casualty situations. For any of you who want to send letters or packages his mailing address is:
Steve Horne
550th ASMC, Ortiz Clinic
APO, AE 09348
You don't have to put Iraq, because it is an APO address through the U.S. and therefore much cheaper and quicker.
I will post more updates as I get them. For now, thing are good. We have been able to talk on the phone and/or Skype almost everyday, except the ones where he was traveling. So it makes it easier being able to communicate with him. Hoping the next 6 months will fly on by!

3 comments:

melissa said...

Skype is my favorite! Everytime Jamie goes out of town for weeks we can talk every day. The best!I'm glad Steve arrived safely!

Andrea said...

I agree with Melissa that Skype is great. Elizabeth talks/babbles to her grandparents every weekend and we get to talk to and see Brad when he's gone overnight. I was able to talk to Brad pretty much every day while he was deployed which literally made all of the difference. I'm so glad that you and Steve can have that too. It truly is a blessing.

I'm glad Steve arrived safely and is at his final destination. I look forward to the updates. I hope he'll be able to keep up-to-date on all of his sports teams!

Steve, Christy & Roscoe said...

ha ha...I know he'll try to keep up to date with them--he was just telling me the morning who the Dodgers acquired in their trade. funny boy--we have to get Brad and him to a game! They would have a blast! Thanks for saying HI!