Thursday, March 11, 2010

Sewing Project #1


I have decided that to maximize the time I have while Steve and I are apart, I will learn and do some new things that I have been wanting to do, and now have the time to. Plus it's another great way of staying busy and also getting to accomplish something!

One of the things I have always wanted to get into is sewing. I remember my mom trying to teach me to sew when I was younger and I had no interest in it. Now I do, so my mom and I are going to start by making rag quilts. I am really excited to get going on a project! And to learn a new skill that I can use all throughout my life. We went and picked out our fabric today for our quilts. I am going to try and post my progress on the blog for 2 reasons:

1) because it's fun to show what I'm up to and

2) to keep me motivated to work on it often and keep moving forward!

I always enjoy seeing what fun projects everyone else is up to so here I go on my own.....


3 comments:

Stopher and Nicolle said...

i was just lamenting my lack of this skill last night. after you learn, time to come and teach me!

the waites said...

I AM THE WORST FRIEND EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I CANT EVEN BELIEVE I FORGOT YOUR BIRTHDAY. PLEASE FORGIVE ME. SERIOUSLY IM SO EMBARRESED!

IM CALLING YOU TOMORROW!

LOVE THE COLORS AND FABRIC-IT WILL TURN OUT SUPER CUTE!

Cinderella, the A-Train and Our Little Caboose said...

Can't wait to see an update!! Hope you are doing good, I think about you lots! Love you!