Monday, April 5, 2010

Learning something new.....

Last week my sister taught me to make Mongolian Dumplings. She recently got home from serving her mission in the Washington DC. South Mission, most of which covers parts of Virginia. While she was there she met a lot of mongolians and grew to love their customs and foods. So she taught me how to make one of her favorite Mongolian dishes. They are so unique and intricate. I thought they were so pretty in their design I had to post pictures! They were tasty and we had so much fun making them! It was great to learn a new skill. Thanks Jules! Can't wait for the next time!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

The dumplings look great. Good for you for learning something, actually many some things with the quilt, new. I'm glad you're there with family. They seem to be taking good care of you!

You're in my thoughts.

Lindsey said...

Christy!! I just got caught up with you! I didn't realize Steve was gone!! We will keep him in our prayers, and you too! If you need some nice sunshine, we have an extra room in HI!!
Those dumplings look amazing! How fun! Miss ya!