Monday, February 8, 2010

Horne Update

Wow. I cannot believe it's been over a month since I've posted on here. So much has happened and we've been busy busy. For those of you who don't know, Steve is being deployed to Iraq in 2 weeks. It is a hard time for us as we dread the separation and time we will be apart. We decided that in order to help the time go by a little faster that Steve would drive Roscoe and I out to California so that I can be with my family while he is away. I have 2 siblings who just got back from missions and a brother that is getting married so the goal is that with all the "busyness" and people around it will help me be able to cope without Steve a bit better....although who can cope when their best friend isn't around??!!
Anyway, we made the trek from our home in Vine Grove, KY. to California and it actually was a lot better than expected. We were a little worried that our dog, Roscoe wouldn't be able to handle the length of the drive but he surprised us by being the best "road-trip" dog I've ever seen! He would jump in the car every morning when we began our driving for the day and fall asleep, wake up at rest stops and take care of business and then hop right back in the car for more driving. We were able to stop and visit with both of Steve's sisters....one in St. Louis, and one in Tucson. I know Roscoe loved seeing all the new people and we loved getting to spend time with them too! One of Roscoe's favorite nights was when we stopped at a "pet-friendly" hotel and he got to enjoy his first overnight stay--he was in heaven!
So we made it to our destination on Wednesday night and have been getting to see lots of family! I got to see my brother Scott who just got home from Chile last week--it was great!
It is a bitter-sweet time, because I am so happy to see my family but sad that Steve won't be here with me. It is difficult, because we know that Steve will be leaving soon and we are trying to soak up every minute we can together. At this point, I just want to get the time ticking down so he can come back. I'm grateful to all the family and friends who have given us encouragement, help and support through this time. And I'm grateful for my husband who loved me enough to make the drive all the way from Kentucky to make sure I would be taken care of during this time. Here's hoping the next 6 months will fly by!

5 comments:

melissa said...

Oh, Christy. So sorry to hear that you will be apart from your honey. Was this expected? I'm glad that you will be home with family though. I'm sure that it will make things a little easier. If you need anything I would love to help. Want to take a girls trip to Utah? Revel in the old days. Or better yet, out of Utah! All I can say is that you can do it! Prayers and best wishes for Steve. Taking care of teeth on the front lines! Way to go!

Stopher and Nicolle said...

it will fly by! it will be hard. it will be like he never left once he comes home, though. and you can always come stay with us and spend a few weekends in LA, that will def. make the time fly by faster. do as much as you can and that will help. also, one of my friends joined an army wives group and i think that's the only thing that helps her. she also went back to school. while stopher was gone i just filled up my plate and didn't stop going going till he got back. love you! our prayers are with steve and you for sure!

Cinderella, the A-Train and Our Little Caboose said...

Chris. YOu know I got your back, anytime, anyplace. So just tell me when and where! I love you and hope you know that you can call me anytime. It will go by quickly, after the first month or so - just remember that you guys have people who love and care about you, who are praying for you.

Love ya!

the waites said...

I cired when I got your text....My mouth literally was watering. I want that coconut cake right now. Cant wait to make the bunny cake next month:)

Christy I want you to call me any time you are lonely, I need to be a better friend. Steve will be home before you know it. We sure love you guys and know how hard this is for you. It will all pay off. My mom always says " the hard thing is always the best thing" When your livin it up in your mansion and vacationing to Bora Bora you will be so glad you made these sacrifices.

hugs!!!!!!

Shelley said...

We are praying for both of you...