Monday, March 30, 2009

I love you a million Grandma



Last night my Grandma Carpenter passed away. I have so many emotions running through me right now that I feel I need to write to get them out. As many of you know, my family moved from the house where we all grew up about 2 years ago and moved down to Scripps Ranch to live with my Grandma and help take care of her. This experience was so good for my family. It was hard to leave friends that they had known in Escondido for so long, but they soon made friends in Scripps Ranch and really loved the area. It provided many opportunities to them that they wouldn't have had otherwise. While they were living there, Scott, Julie and Mark all made the decision to serve missions and worked to get themselves spiritually and financially ready. My grandma was such a strong influence in their lives, I believe. She is such a wonderful women who led her family with a quiet strength that I hope to emulate in my own family one day. I am having a hard time right now, because I am going to miss her so much, but I am so happy that she will be reunited with my grandpa who she has been missing dearly since he passed away in 1997. My grandma made such an impact on me of someone who holds strong to her beliefs and lives the kind of life that she can be proud of everyday. I will miss her birthday cards every year with the stick of gum, her hugs and kisses on my cheek, her yummy New Year's Day drink, and her telling me that she "loves me a million." I love you Grandma. Your life will remain an example to me for many years to come.

5 comments:

melissa said...

Grandma's are so special- So sorry to hear of your loss- I'll be thinking about you and your family! Love you!

Stopher and Nicolle said...

Oh, Christy. I'm so sorry! I'm glad you were home recently and hopefully got some good time with her. You're in my prayers...and your family, too!

Alicia Ann said...

How blessed you are to of had such a wonderful grandma and such a great example. Sure wish I could of had one like that. You are very lucky! I'm sorry for your loss but she is probably thrilled to be with her hubby again!

the waites said...

Christy Im so sorry. Im so glad you were able to see her when you were just home. Im sure she is happy to be reunited with her husband:) What an amazing wife, mother, grandma she was:)

Andrea said...

Christy, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your grandma. It sounds like she was quite the woman. It's wonderful that you had a close relationship with her and are able to think of her as an example in your life. Never forget that.