Monday, March 16, 2009

Early Bird!

As many of you know, I was released as Young Women's President (I led a youth group at our church for girl's ages 12-18) It was hard to leave the Young Women's program as I have worked with the girls for over a year and a half and have had many fun times with them and grown to love them so much!
I was recently asked to be the new Seminary teacher!! (I teach Bible & Book of Mormon study to kids in our church at 6:30 AM!!) AHH!!! At first I was a little shocked and definitely felt underqualified but this morning I taught my first lesson and it was actually a lot of fun! We are learning the New Testament this year and I am learning things right along with the kids! I love the guys and girls that I teach. They are awesome! I am getting excited to have this calling and look forward to having fun and learning lots! (and trying to get enough sleep!) Wish me luck!

4 comments:

melissa said...

Wow! That will be an exciting and challenging calling- I can only imagine! In Utah, we went to seminary during high school hours- it was one of our actual classes. Crazy! You will be an amazing teacher, I'm sure!

Steve, Christy & Roscoe said...

Thanks Meliss--I know, I wish we had release time so I could teach in the middle of the day..but on the plus side, it gets me up and going and off to a good start for the day! How are you guys?? Miss ya!

Stopher and Nicolle said...

so sad to leave yws. i love it, i'll be so sad to go back to rs...

Alicia Ann said...

My hats off to you! I could NEVER do seminary. I'm lucky I actually made it for class that early in the morning.