Saturday, February 23, 2008

Surprise Birthday Party!







Last night was quite the night! Steve and I were going to go out to dinner and then go see " 27 Dresses". Well we were just getting ready to walk out the door when our phone rang. It was a friend in our ward saying she needed us to run something by her house real quick. So we jumped in the car and drove to their house. When we got there I dashed up to the front door expecting to just drop off what we had brought and then leave. Her daughter answered the door and said, "Come in for a minute" So I went in and out of nowhere the lights went on, I saw a big beautiful cake with lots of fun balloons and streamers and all the Young Women were there to throw me a suprise birthday party! Turns out Steve was totally in on it. The Young Women had talked to him about wanting to do it for me last week and he even staged the phone call to our house that was supposedly the lady in our ward. (He called our house from his cell phone and pretended to be talking to someone!-He is so sneaky!) It was such a fun party, and the girls gave me cute cards and fun scrapbook supplies-I LOVE to scrapbook! I was so honored that the Young Women would do this for me! What a fun party! I have the greatest girls!

2 comments:

The Keel Gang said...

That is just too cool! Thanks for posting pics from it! They got you some cute stuff. You must feel so loved!

M said...

That was so sweet of them... We weren't ever that thoughtful were we? You totally have to do a slumber party and show "Flowers in the Attic"... Good times...
Did you still get to see "27 Dresses"? I totally loved that movie. Jason took me before he left on deployment.