Monday, February 25, 2008

Best Birthday!














I had the happiest birthday yesterday! A big thank you to all my friends and family that made it so special to me with their notes, cards, flowers, phone calls, emails, etc. It was a big one this year...as I entered a new decade. It's not that 30 is really old, it's just that for some reason I have myself frozen at about 22 and so I don't feel like I should be 30 yet. Anyway, I had the best day! My cute husband started off my morning by making me crepes and strawberry smoothies. YUM! Then last night he made me the most delicious dinner of shrimp scampi with my favorite cheesebread! It was so good and I am continually impressed and awed that I am the lucky girl that has a husband who can really cook! He amazes me. After dinner I opened presents and man did I get spoiled...my goodness!!! The biggest surprise of the night was when I opened one of my presents from Steve and found tickets to see Carrie Underwood in Indiana in March and also a one night stay at a nice hotel there after the concert! I was so excited! Other favorite presents included a subscription to Paper Crafts magazine (Yeah!), scrapbook supplies, a handmade scarf, gardening kit and many other goodies from my Mom and Dad and CD's, a fun girl movie and clothes from Steve's parents. After presents, we had my favorite strawberry angel food cake that Steve makes...and it was delicious! So to sum up....I am a happy girl, I am a grateful girl and I am one lucky girl to have so many thoughtful friends, family and the most wonderful husband I could ever dream of. With all of this...even turning 30 isn't so bad!

12 comments:

The Keel Gang said...

These are such fun pictures! It looks like you did have a fabulous birthday! It's nice when it's just the two of you & he can spoil you like that. Now when we get our Paper Crafts magazine we can get all excited the day it comes in the mail & then plan out what cards we want to make! What fun!

The Keel Gang said...

oh wait, you like Carrie Underwood??....oh crap, I don't think we can be friends anymore....hahahahaha....totally kidding, but I really have a major dislike for her.

Heather Stephens said...

Happy Birthday, Christy! Looks like you had a very special 30th!! Mine is in June and as all of my friends turn 30, I'm sort of looking forward to it! I'm SO jealous that you're goig to the Carrie Underwood concert! She's coming here to Denver on March 9th, but I couldn't get tickets. My sister saw her in NYC at Madison Square Garden. She was in the front row and she said it was fabulous...the best concert ever!! Enjoy! =)

M said...

I'm soooo glad your day was a Happy one and to think you were worried about turning 30....

the waites said...

happy birthday love!!! i thought my card was only appropriate since you were turning a wopping 30!!! I am so jealous your going to Carrie Underwood..im so jealous! Please tell Steve he is such a great husband, he really went all out. I miss you and cant wait to talk to you!!!


XOXO rach and the myler

the waites said...

ps send me that recipe of the angel food cake!

Stopher and Nicolle said...

i hope you got my messages. I am a dork and totally forgot to pop a card in the mail. Chris is going to be so jealous you get to see his gf. We love Carrie! You still look 22. You're only as old as you feel! It's the 9th anniversary of your 21st birthday. glad to hear you had a good one!

The Elms said...

Happy Birthday Christy! That cake looks delicious and you look great!

The Smith Family said...

Happy 30th. Welcome to the club!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had such a wonderful birthday! That cake looks incredible!!! I LOVE Strawberries. Is it a secret family recipie?

The Haney Family said...

CHRISTY!! Happy Belated Birthday! Man, it looks like you have been spoiled rotten lately by your husband, friends, and Young Women. That's awesome that Steve can cook. Everything looks so fancy and yummy too. I'm so glad to hear everything's going well. Miss you in the ward!

MWAH!

Marlene

melissa said...

Wow- happy birthday, late! So, you're saying that 30 is not that bad? I hope you're right!