Saturday, July 31, 2010

Anxiously Waiting.......

I cannot wait till Steve comes home. I have been able to find things to do with my time while he has been gone, but now it is time. One of my friends, whose husband was deployed in Afghanistan earlier this year mentioned that she was excited to do all the "little things" again with her husband. This is exactly how I feel. I can't wait to just eat dinner together in our home, sit outside and talk, go to a movie, I would even be excited about cleaning the basement or garage as long as I could do it with Steve. Last night I was at a baseball game and the girl next to me was holding hands with her husband and I was insanely jealous......not of her husband but just that they got to hold hands! I can't even imagine what that is like anymore. I'm looking forward to all these things and to just being able to live life with Steve again. Love you honey!!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

I know how you feel. I think deployments are the most difficult for the family that is left behind. You're almost there. We're really looking forward to seeing you this weekend and I hope we can help the time pass a little quicker for you. At least for two days. :)

Jamie and Amanda Hallinan said...

I'm so glad to hear he is almost HOME!!!! I'm so excited for you guys to be together again. We are wishing you and Steve all the best and one heck of a reunion!!!!

Cinderella, the A-Train and Our Little Caboose said...

Can't wait for you guys!! It will certainly be one of the greatest days of your life! I am so so happy and anxious for you Christy. Please let me know if you need anything. I love you!