Sunday, October 4, 2009

Conference Weekend!

I feel I have to write tonight and say what a wonderful Conference weekend it has been. Steve and I always look forward to these times of the year where we get the opportunity to listen to the messages that the leaders of our Church have to share with us. I also love that we have the luxury of watching Conference in our own home. It always helps make our home feel more peaceful as the talks and songs are played and heard throughout the house.
As we watched the sessions of Conference, I felt that there was an overall underlying theme of HOPE and of gaining personal strength to help you through the storms of life. I especially loved Elder Uchtdorf's talk. He spoke about trying. He said that we need to try to love God more. He encouraged us to "try and keep on trying until that which seemed difficult becomes possible and that which seems only possible becomes a habit and a real part of you." He told us to not get discouraged if we stumble at times because regardless of our current state there is hope. I felt so uplifted while listening to his words, as well as the words of the other general authorities and our prophet, Thomas S. Monson. I mentioned to Steve that I wish you could capture how you feel when you are watching Conference and bottle it up to pour out a little during times when you need it most. Life becomes more simple and clear as I listen to the messages of hope during Conference. I feel like I can handle anything that comes my way. I wish I could find a way to hold onto those feelings. I am so grateful for a loving prophet who is inspired to know what we each personally need to hear to be motivated and most importantly to feel loved. I am truly uplifted today and motivated to be a better person. To keep trying. Even when it's not easy. I hope that I can do the things that will help bring me closer to my Savior and fully appreciate his sacrifice for me.

No comments: