Monday, May 11, 2009

I Dared and I Conquered....

I had to post about this because it actually worked and I wanted to share!! After everyone went home from the slumber party for the Young Women that I had at my house, I was cleaning up and found bright purple nail polish on my brown leather couch. I was really distraught and didn't know how it would ever come off. I know that leather is really tricky to treat and I didn't want to make the damage worse...but I couldn't see having purple polish on it forever!! So I called one of my genius friends, (a big thank you Adrianne--since this was actually your idea) and she reccomended that I swab a little nail polish remover on the spot on the couch with the polish on it. Sounds simple. Right. But I was scared to do that because I have always heard that nail polish remover ruins anything it touches. Anyway, after two days of staring at the purple on my couch I decided to go for it. I used some nail polish remover on a Q-tip and lightly went over the area, and then wiped it off with water...and voila!!!! No more pretty purple on my couch!! I was so happy! I love learning about things that work as solutions! I am also very lucky to have smart friends!

2 comments:

melissa said...

You are crazy! My son drew on my very new, very favorite couch with permanent marker. Jamie tried taking it out with alcohol. He SAID it would work. But . . . now we sit on the other side of the cushion! I'm so glad it worked out for you!

adrianne s. said...

Phew!! I'm so glad that it worked! I would have hated to come upon a post about a stupid friend who ruined your sofa with a stupid idea involving nail polish remover! What a fun party you had, but you are kind of the queen of fun parties, now aren't you, so I am not surprised at all!!!