Sunday, November 2, 2008

Who Dunnit??








Last Saturday night Steve and I went to a Murder Mystery Dinner put on by one of the Laurels in my ward. It was so much fun!! The theme was "The Murder of a Millionaire." Bascially, there was a story line that went something like this...there was a very wealthy man, Rick Rochester, who resided at his mansion, Mystery Manor and had been murdered at his home earlier that week. There were several people that were close to him and are therefore named as suspects in his murder. These people are all gathered together at the reading of his will but find out that no one will be rewarded any millions until his murderer is found out. We all had parts we were to dress up as and play throughout the evening. Steve went as Neal Werthers, the chauffeur for the Rochester family at Mystery Manor. His mother and father were also employed at Mystery Manor as the butler and the maid. I was Elizabeth Rochester, Rick's youngest daughter. I had always been well taken care of by my father's money and had plenty of nice things. I was somewhat spoiled and had a mean streak for stirring up trouble by always competing with my twin sister, Allison for everything. I had recently started dating the sexy chauffeur Neal, even against my father's wishes, but still expected to receive a nice sum of money at my father's will reading. The whole evening was spent talking with the other characters and trying to discover who was the murderer of Rick Rochester. As the evening went on, another murder was even committed, showing that the murderer was there and still out for the kill. When all was revealed, it was found that Neal Werther's was the murderer of both Rick Rochester as well as the maid at Mystery Manor, Josephine. It was such a fun night! Steve and I really got into it and even received awards at the end of the evening--Steve for best acting and I for best dressed. Thanks to April for such a great idea, good planning, a delicious dinner and a fun night of mystery! Don't worry...I'm watching my back...who knew I lived with a murderer?? :)

5 comments:

Stopher and Nicolle said...

That looks so fun!!

Steve, Christy & Roscoe said...

It was a blast! One of my Laurels did it for her Young Women in Excellence Project. She organized the whole thing as a date night for couples in our ward to get out and even arranged free babysitting for their children at their homes. She did an awesome job and we had so much fun with our characters!

Cinderella, the A-Train and Our Little Caboose said...

I love the pictures! They totally made me laugh!

adrianne s. said...

I always suspected something like that from Steve! Haha, how funny!

Anonymous said...

What a blast. So you are living with a murderer huh!!!