Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Chillin in Indiana

That's right..Steve and I are literally "chillin" in Edinburgh Indiana. Yesterday we even had snow flurries! Steve had to come up here Sunday to work on a bunch of guys that just came back from Iraq and need a lot of dental work, xrays, and exams done. He will be working here for the next couple weeks, so I drove up yesterday to spend the rest of the time with him. It is fun being able to explore a new place (especially when the army is paying for our hotel room, & gas) So we are enjoying being able to spend time together in a new place! We are having fun going Christmas shopping and getting ready for the holidays! I can't wait! I love this time of year when we can reflect on the year...the good times, sad times, all the experiences we had, people we met, goals we accomplished. (or didn't accomplish!) and all the blessings we have! As I think about my life I realize how very blessed I am. Blessed to grow up in such a good, loving family with brothers and sisters that remain my closest friends and parents I can count on for anything, blessed to have good health, blessed to have found the best husband a girl could ever ask for, blessed to have so many good friends and people that care about me, and blessed to have the gospel in my life and to know that we go through life so that we can become stronger and better people. I am truly grateful for my life and to all those who add so much to it!!

6 comments:

Kathryn said...

so I'm guessing you wont be around this Friday to go to twilight? Well have fun in Indiana! We will see you when you get back.

THE MEYERS said...

The combination of your Christmas playlist while reading your touching post was perfect! I'm so grateful that I'm related to someone like you!! This was definitely the pick-me-up I needed at work today. Thanks Christy!

Steve, Christy & Roscoe said...

Awww thanks Ames!! I love you too!

Stopher and Nicolle said...

you are so sweet! i wish you were here. i do have to argue on one point, though, i think my husband is the best ever... i'm glad you get to be with your hubby this week! have fun. don't get into trouble. it's illegal to wear pajamas before 6 in Indiana...well, that hasn't been proven, but there are some wacky laws in those midwest states! miss you!

adrianne s. said...

I am curious to hear what kind of the two of you cook up for Thanksgiving in Indiana! I am sure it will be good no matter where you are. Does Steve have to work Thanksgiving day there?

Steve, Christy & Roscoe said...

Yeah, he does, they are supposed to see like 250 patients that day..it will definitely be a different Thanksgiving this year, but at least we can be up here together! What are you guys up to for Turkey Day?