Thursday, August 28, 2008

Fun in Cali!
































I was able to go home to California for a couple weeks while Steve went to Wisconsin for work. I had such a great time seeing family and friends and doing lots of fun stuff! The only thing missing was Steve! I spent the first couple days I was there in Newport Beach with my friend Rachel. I have missed her so much and it was great to see her, Willie and baby Myles! We went shopping at Fashion Island, had sushi, did hair, got manicures, went for a morning walk, and ate lots of frozen yogurt! It was the greatest! Then I spent the next day of my trip with Steve's parents in Yorba Linda. My mother-in-law and I played all day looking at model homes, eating ColdStone, seeing Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2, and getting pedicures. It was fun! Then I spent the rest of my trip home in San Diego with my family. We had 10 days of fun- It was the best! I got to see cousins visiting from Utah, celebrate Mark's birthday, scrapbook with Mom, Happy Yogurt!, make lots of beach trips, snorkel in La Jolla Cove, bike rides around the lake with Mom, visit Jen & Shanti, kick it it Esco with Mark, & Danny, got to go to church in Escondido and see lots of old friends, Petersen's Donuts (of course!), Belmont Park roller coaster, Coronado Beach, girl's movie nights with Mom, I even got my teeth cleaned at my uncle's dental office while I was there and visited with Dr. Baker too! It was such a great trip! I just loved being able to be "home" again. I have the best family and I miss them already. Thank you guys for making me so happy! Hope to see you soon! Love you!

8 comments:

Cinderella, the A-Train and Our Little Caboose said...

Love the pics...especially the one of Happy Yogurt. hehe

MamaStNick said...

It was so fun to see you. I think we need to have a double date the next time Steve comes with you. Maybe we can drag Alicia and Jake along too!

Anonymous said...

We had the BEST TIME EVER!!!!
I'm still just enjoying the delicious memories!! Ahhhhhhhhh.......
Thanks for coming, and for all the good times! Be sure to give Steve a BIG HUG for us!!!
xoxoxooxox momsi xooxoxox

the waites said...

Oh.... I miss your little buns! Im so happy I got to see you. We really had a blast, never a dull moment with you. Im so glad you were able to have such a great week with your family. I will call you this week:)

adrianne s. said...

Oh, you look so happy and like you had such a good time! I'm glad you got to go visit everyone.

The Bennett Family said...

hey it looks like you had alot of fun when you went home. i cant wait to go home and vist all my friends and family. we are looking at comming in dec.

THE MEYERS said...

Christy! Looks like so much fun! I wish that I were there to party with you. We could have made prank calls, played games with grandma's glass table, and done all sorts of things to make grandma say, "Mercy!"

Charis said...

We must have been there (CA) at the same time. How funny. My in laws live there (Ventura County) Have you tried Golden Spoon ???? ......... I cannot get enough of that stuff.