Monday, March 24, 2008

Happy Easter!







This was our first Easter here in Kentucky. Every Easter since we've been married we've always had a huge Easter dinner at our house that both of our families came to. It was always such a great time to be able to see everyone and fun to just throw a big party at our house....but this year, that wasn't possible since both of our families are in CA. (It would have of been a long trip for Easter dinner) Our Easter here was so fun though. On Saturday we went over to the Shipley's (some friends in our ward at Church) and dyed eggs, had an egg hunt, ate a yummy lunch, played Wii, and had Bunny Cake! It was such a fun day. We feel so blessed to have such great friends to take care of us here and to have fun with! Hope everyone had a Happy Easter!

6 comments:

The Keel Gang said...

We didn't do much either. Mark had asked about inviting you guys over, but I thought I had done so much of that lately, that you needed someone else to bug you, hahaha, so I'm glad to hear you had a fabulous time at the Shipley!! Your bunny cake is so darn cute!!

Heather said...

What an adorable cake, Christy. You are such a talented and happy homemaker! I'm continually impressed with you! Happy Easter to you too!

=)

adrianne s. said...

Love the bunny cake! I wouldn't expect anything less from you, Christy!

the waites said...

Im so jealous of you flaunting your big ol bunny cake. I am so mad I didnt make it this year. You sure went over the top though, I love it. how cute is your tree?? Im so glad you had a great Easter:) Hopefully we will get to make the bunny cake together one of these years!!

Lindsey said...

That looks like the best Easter party ever! I love your bunny cake--the cutest I have seen! And I loved looking at all your adorable crafts--homemade cards, Easter tree, and I LOVE that journal. What a cute idea with the ribbon. You put me to shame! Happy Easter!

MamaStNick said...

Martha Stewart move over! You are so talented. Anyways, stay tuned on Myspace for my blog to be. I spent the day with my inlaws....