Monday, August 16, 2010

HE'S HOME!!!!!!



I don't know if I can even write how I feel---I am so unbelievably happy and complete!!! Steve was supposed to come home this Tuesday (the 17th) after being in Iraq for the last 6 months and I was getting really excited. I woke up last Saturday morning (the 14th) and got a call from him--he asked what I was doing that night? And if I would want to come pick him up at the airport! I was so surprised and happy!!!! He was able to get on a earlier flight and get home sooner than we expected! Needless to say, I said "yes--I'll be there!", hung up the phone and ran around the house squealing for about 10 minutes!!
Not seeing your husband for 6 months is hard!! I have missed him so much. I know there are people who are deployed for a lot longer and I appreciate the sacrifices they make--for us---6 months was enough!! We feel so blessed and grateful that he did not have to be gone longer than that. Apart from the emotional difficulty of being separated, I have worried every day about his safety. There were numerous mortar attacks and car bombs very close to him, during his time in Iraq and I feel so blessed that he was protected and is home safe.
So since Saturday night we have been living in our own little world! It has been wonderful. The best thing about him being back is--EVERYTHING!!! By that I mean everything is better! We appreciate and revel in all the "little things"...being able to eat dinner together, snuggle on the couch, kiss each other whenever we want--life is bliss! I couldn't be happier to have him home! Love you Steve! Thanks for how hard you work for us!

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Awesome!!! I'm so glad Steve is home with you and safe. Plus the fact that he came home even earlier than you thought ... which we both know is a rarity in the military. Enjoy every minute! Yeah!

melissa said...

Yeah! So glad that Steve is home! Now life can go forward- love every minute!! Love you Chris!

Charis said...

So happy to see that Steve is home! Being away from your husband is NOT fun! Glad you made the most of it though! Hope you're still loving this honeymoon time ;-)

the waites said...

sniff sniff made me cry my eyes out seeing the 2 of you love birds back in eachothers arms. Chills up my body reading that wonderful reunion. SO happy for you both and miss you ALWAYS!

Welcome back Steve we cant wait to see you both. Willie will love to have his buddy back.