Monday, July 21, 2008

6 Years of Happiness!






We hung out with some of the "locals"-- gotta love Mullet Man!




My adorable hubby!


This is the back of the Cincinnati Reds ball park.

Steve and I celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary last Saturday, the 19th. To celebrate we went up by Cincinnati to a little town called Newport and took a riverboat cruise down the Ohio River! It was a little different than my initial idea of it, but still a lot of fun with interesting "people watching opportunities." It felt like we were in a Mark Twain book sailing down the river....a definite Kentucky experience! We had a great time and Steve also surprised me with a trip he has planned for us to take to the Smoky Mountains and stay in a bed and breakfast there. I am so excited!!! It was a great day and I cannot even begin to explain the happiness that has been brought to my life by being married to Steve. He is an amazing husband and is always doing & saying things he knows will bring a smile to my face. I feel so lucky to be going through life together side by side with him. In my little girl dreams of being married, life wasn't even as good as it is now! I am truly blessed! I love you babycakes! Here's to many more years of happiness!

11 comments:

The Keel Gang said...

CONGRATS TIMES 6!!!! Have you ever been to the Smoky Mts? Mark & I went when I was 6 mos. prego with Mavney as our last trip for just the two of us & we stayed in a great B&B & we hiked & shopped & just had an amazing time. It is BEAUTIFUL! I love the Gatlinburg area, that's where we stayed. Where are you guys staying at? I know you will have an AMAZING TIME!

Heather said...

Yay! Looks like you had such a fun celebration! Congraulations on another year of marital bliss! =)

MamaStNick said...

Yay! Happy Anniversary. I love the adventures you guys take, that is so great. By the way, I love the Mullet Man pictures. I take mullet pictures as well- I'm fascinated by the subculture. There was this 9 year old kid at a Padre game a week or so ago that looked like he belonged in your neck of the woods. He wore pants that looked like clamdiggers, no shirt and the most hideous mullet you've ever seen. I tried to get a pic but no such luck.

adrianne s. said...

Congratulations on 6 years!! People watching can be quite interesting around this next of the woods, right?

THE MEYERS said...

Hi Christy! This is your cousin, Amy! I have been stalking your blog for a while now...and we just started one:
meyersmemoirs.blogspot.com
Check it out. Congrats on 6 years! Looks like Kentucky is full of adventures for you two. Is it as adventurous as our dinners at grandma carpenter's?? haha

Stopher and Nicolle said...

CONGRATS!! You guys are so lucky to get to do so much...together! Thanks for the fun pics and keeping us updated while you're in KY...hopefully I'll get out there soon! Love and hugs your way!

The Elms said...

Congrats you guys!!! You guys look great! 6 years!! So sad we won't be headed your way......BUT you never know. Andrew still has to take boards and I don't think its going to end up happening in August- the only other time is in December!!!!! Ouch. Who knows.

The Haney Family said...

Yay! Congratulations. That is so fun that you guys are able to explore the East coast so much while you're over there. What a chance of a lifetime! We are missing your cute face though.

Katya, Bryan, Kaio and Yana Spuhler said...

Congratulations! Wow, it is hard to believe it's been 6 years already!!! We feel old! Hahaha! We love and miss you guys!

M said...

6 years! Wow time sure does fly when you are having fun. I remember your first appartment in that lady's basement. Wow...
Congrats and hope you last many many more.

Lindsey said...

Congratulations! You two are the cutest couple ever! That riverboat sounded amazing!!