Saturday, May 17, 2008

Trip to San Antonio!





THE ALAMO

I thought this little guy was so cute! And he posed just perfect for me.


Steve thoroughly enjoyed his BBQ'd ribs!!!





Steve made me put this pic in-he thought it was so funny!! ha-ha






Last week Steve and I took a trip to San Antonio, Texas. Steve had to go there to attend a seminar for restorative dentistry and I went along for fun! It was a great trip. I had a fun time exploring San Antonio by foot while Steve was in class, & reading and swimming. We had a fun time at night trying out new restaurants, and hanging out with Jared, a friend who works with Steve and was also attending the seminar. Last Wednesday we went to a place called "The RiverWalk" which is in downtown San Antonio. It is a beautiful place that reminded me of Litte Venice in Long Beach. It is a long river that is lined with shops and restaurants and there are tons of trees, waterfalls and flowers everywhere! I loved it. It was fun walking around and we had the best BBQ of our life at "Country Line BBQ". YUM!! We also got to see the Alamo and that was pretty cool. We ended off the night by seeing "Iron Man" and having ice cream. Perfect day. It was a fun trip!

10 comments:

Shelly said...

You guys make me envious of always going to new places, I love traveling and getting to see something new. I'm glad you enjoyed the River Walk in my opinion it's the best part of San Antonio. Last time I was at the Alamo my cell phone rang in one of the museum like areas and I got the dirtiest looks as if my phone went off in church!

MamaStNick said...

I can tell by the glow both of you are sporting just how humid it was there. If you are missing Cali, its over 100 today, ugh!

The Keel Gang said...

Another great trip! How fun! I have never been to Texas, but it looks like it was beautiful! Welcome back!

Stopher and Nicolle said...

omigosh, when are you ever home? I'm so jealous of all of your traveling. I want to go to Texas! You are so lucky! I'm leaving for Hawaii tomorrow, come visit me. Miss your face!

The Smith Family said...

That look like fun. I go with Noah every time he has a seminar or conference for work. I love it! We try to go to some place different every year. We will have to check out Texas.

adrianne s. said...

I'm so glad Steve made you put the picture on of you sitting over the waterfall! It's my personal favorite! Thanks again for taking care of Jared for me! Hey, and thank STeve for the great birthday gift idea he gave to Jared-I'm so excited for it!

Mike and Kimmy said...

You take so many fun trips! I love it! I love your pictures. They look like you are having so much fun. I would love to go to Texas someday. How's all the preparations for camp coming? I'm excited to see you there.

the waites said...

Did you loooove Ironman...I am in love with R.D Junior. It is so beautiful and lush green there. I loved talking with you. I am posting pics of Willie and Steve, take a look.

Cinderella, the A-Train and Our Little Caboose said...

Andy would never admit it, but sometimes he will watch the Hills with me! haha. The next season starts in August, I am not sure the exact date...but I am super excited for it! And yes, twilight is the bomb. How are you doing today? We should get together this week, Andy usually has the car (we only have one)...so I am not sure what your plans are. Let me know. :)

Cinderella, the A-Train and Our Little Caboose said...

I will definitely call you tomorrow...Does Steve have a 4 day weekend? Andy does, because of Memorial day! Friday and Monday! Love those!